Hunt Country Equine Mobile Veterinary Service offers a prevention-focused Equine Wellness Program that combines needed seasonal care (shots, Coggins, etc.) with twice-yearly general condition exams. Checking temperature, hydration, teeth, eyes, heart, lungs, lumps and bumps on a regular basis can help catch subtle changes that even the most attentive owner might miss. And as with human patients, early detection is a critical part of successful treatment.
An important feature of the annual Spring and Fall Wellness exams is a fecal count that identifies specifically what de-worming treatment is needed for each horse. This step ensures that the type and timing of de-wormers for each horse is based on actual need rather than on a generic national chart. That’s becoming more important as research shows some parasites developing resistance to some common wormers and doses. Parasites are known to cause lethal cases of colic as well as weight loss and among the equine population.
Customers who sign up for 2024 Wellness Program will be given a 15% discount on all basic Wellness services – both time and materials. Several optional Wellness services can be added for those who need them, and those optional services will also be discounted 15% if they’re elected during the sign-up process.
The Wellness Program discount is made possible through pre-planning and pre-payment, which allows Hunt Country Equine to make of advance bulk purchases and pass those cost savings on to customers. To be eligible for the Wellness Program discount, customers must complete an authorization form for each horse to be enrolled and payment made prior to December 31st, 2023.
The following are the basic services that are required as part of the 2024 Wellness Program (Unless the item is specifically contraindicated to the well-being of your horse by one of our veterinarians)
Spring Wellness Services
• Spring West Nile
• Yearly Coggins test (Can be done in Fall if that better fits your existing schedule.)
• Physical Exam (Note: general condition of temperature, hydration, teeth, eyes, heart, lungs, lumps and bumps – not intended as soundness or lameness evaluation).
• Spring Fecal Exam(s) (Timed and performed with your farm and horse’s individual needs in mind.)
• Spring EWT
Fall Wellness Services
• Fall West Nile
• Yearly Rabies Vaccine
• Fall Physical Exam (Note: general condition of temperature, hydration, teeth, eyes, heart, lungs, lumps and bumps - not intended as soundness or lameness evaluation).
• Fall EWT (Eastern, Western and Tetanus)
• Fall Fecal Exam(s) (Timed and performed with your farm and horse’s individual needs in mind.)
• Fall Farm Call
The following services are also eligible for a 15% discount if elected during the sign-up process.
Spring / Fall Rhino
Spring / Fall Flu
Farm call for dental services
Yearly dental exam and teeth float*
Sedative *(required if dental is selected.)
*Rhino and Flu vaccines are discussed with you and then you can decide whether these are right for your horse’s situation.
If you would like to join the wellness program, please fill out the form below and submit to our office